Thursday, April 30, 2009

Time & Sleep

Well, I am not adjusted back to the EST time zone yet. I did well when we arrived home Monday. We went to bed around 11pm and I got up around 7am. But then Tuesday I was so tired by 5:30pm, I was falling asleep on the couch and couldn't keep my eyes open. I dragged myself to bed...and woke up at 11:30pm. I couldn't fall back asleep so I got out of bed. By 4:30am I was tired again and went back to bed and woke up at 10:30am. Wednesday night I was tired at 6pm but forced myself to stay up until 9pm. And woke up just before 3am. It appears I can sleep for 6 hours at a time.

When we arrived in China, we both adapted to the 12 hour time change fairly well. Sleeping at night and getting up in the morning (sometimes sleeping in a bit). Then again, we were on an adventure with daily activities and everything new - and it kept us on a schedule and tired us out. It is interesting that for as large as China is, the entire country is on one time zone. We stayed in the eastern half and it does get light around 4:30am.

So I am awake now at 4am - the kitties were fighting (growling and paw slapping) over my lap - and I am feeling hungry. I am getting back into my exercise today so that should help my body. During the trip, I did hours of walking on a daily basis. My life in Ohio does not currently have that kind of exercise every day. But it is a great time to start since my legs and feet are used to it. The challenge with physical activity for me is I get bored easily. Luckily spring/summer is here and I have more outside options.

No comments: