Friday, April 10, 2009

Improv Comedy Show

If you have seen "Whose Line Is It Anyway?", you are familiar with shortform improvisational (improv) comedy. I have been taking improv classes for a year or so. I really love performing improv - addicted, even. Improv gets me out of my analytical brain and stretches my comfort zone. It can be quite physical and a fun form of (dare I say it?) exercise. Bringing emotion and energy into the scene adds interest and more for your partner to react to. Body language can express so much too. It has been a real growth experience for me.

The classes are taught by members from the Pale Imitations Improv Comedy Troupe (thanks scOtt, Amy, and Bill!). Our class did a free show for friends and family last night. My parents even drove from Northwest Indiana to watch the show! I am grateful Aunt Linda and several friends attended and were very supportive - it is nice to pad the audience. Below is a photo of most of the class during the improv game Freeze. They are a fun group of people to play with and I had a blast being in class with them! Thanks for the laughs Diana, Donna, Erin, Mary, Carol, Cash, Susan, Angela, and Gigi!!!

No comments: