Tuesday, March 30, 2010

More Egg Decorating

Earlier this month, I shared the Ukrainian decorated egg I did in class. I enjoyed it so much that I bought some supplies online to do more at home. Yep, I got all 17 colors of dye. And I am so visual oriented and organized (some call it something else), that I made labels for my dye jars. That way I can tell how the colors actually appear. I also got the traditional fine and extra fine wax writing instruments called kistka (seen on the plate in the photo below). I took pictures through the process of one of the eggs. I used yellow, red, and black.





Once the egg design and colors are done, the wax is melted to reveal the completed egg. I did 4 designs with the wax resist (Ukrainian) method. It takes a LONG time and I wanted more colored eggs so I used alcohol ink on two of them. My basket of eggs.....

1 comment:

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

These are great. I love the black one. Thank you for sharing! Connie