Sunday, October 26, 2014

Paper Punch Storage

I have been rearranging rooms and locations of items in the house.  Since our master bedroom is so large and we don't need more than a bed for sleeping, we decided to make the master bedroom my Art Room!  Slowly things are being moved around - bed to smaller bedroom, furniture to appropriate room, sorting & organizing my supplies.  Below are my before and after pictures for my paper punch storage.

[Before] When I was using the room next to the laundry area as my art room, I had my paper punches on the Bygel rails (from IKEA) on the wall behind the door.  Well, then the punch design changed from the "whale tail" style to a flat, locking style.  The new style did not fit as well on the rails.  Luckily the Bygel rails have hanging wire baskets so I used those for most of the flat punches.

Yes, I have accumulated quite a few paper punches over the decades. So many fun designs and uses in paper crafting.

[After] Anyway, the door for the bedroom is in the far corner from where I am putting my work area.  Plus I want the punches closer to me since I tend not to use what is not visible or not in reach.  I have been seeing the storage items from Stamp N Storage on other blogs and really liked it.  So I saved up to get some.  I got one "whale tail" punch holder and the large lock down punch holder.  I have them stacked on the elfa shelving (from The Container Store) that is behind me when I am at my workspace.
There is so much more to move and organize.  I am trying to figure out how to keep things visible and in reach (out of sight, out of mind).  Also I am working on better organization and reducing / purging my supplies.  Keep the focus on what I really like to do, what I gravitate towards, and not collect so many supplies but actually USE them.


No comments: