Sunday, September 19, 2010

LTCs & ATCs

Since it was football Saturday (I watched college football ALL day), I set up a card table in front of the TV and made some ATCs and LTCs for upcoming swaps I am in. Below are some of the results.

This LTC is for a swap on AtlasQuest.com. I hand carved the Buckeye leaf stamp. On shiny paper I stamped the image with Versamark ink and let dry. Then I used a brayer to roll on ink from a multi-colored ink pad. I stamped the leaf in the middle again with Versamark and poured on embossing powder. I heated the powder to melt it. It is hard to see in the photo but the middle image is raised and shiny. I used a copper paint pen to draw the border around the card. I made 30 of these. Unfortunately the original embossing powder I used did not look good so I "wasted" a few card in figuring out the right combination.

The following 2 ATCs are for a Punch ATC (using a paper punch) swap on swap-bot.com. I made 4 total with different shades of brown for the owl parts. I used Stampin' Up [SU] Woodgrain stamp for the background tree look. I punched the owl parts with the SU extra-large owl punch. The tree hole is a SU oval punch. Again the border is drawn with a copper paint pen.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great. The various techniques are so interesting!

Anonymous said...

Very cool pieces! Perfect for fall!