Sunday, May 23, 2010

More Book & Paper Class Projects

Below are some photos of recent projects I made in my Book & Paper Class.

We just learned the buttonhole stitch binding. I did one plain with the basic rectangle "buttonhole" opening on the spine. Then I did one at home with an octagon opening that flows over to the covers.

This is the octagon cover open. The cover is sewing pattern paper base with inks and rubberstamped images.

I continued the octagon theme by dry embossing my paper (first page of each signature) with an octagon design using a Sizzix textured plate.

One of the woman in the class showed us how to fold a square piece of paper into a box and a piece into a lid without cuts or adhesive. The square for the lid is just a tad (~1/8") larger than the square for the base. Fun and easy.

I am glad we finally did image transfer in class. There are many methods and I did the matte medium technique. Once the medium dried, I just peeled off the image - typically, it is soaked in water and the paper is rubbed off. I don't know why my first try just peeled so easily.

These lovely embellishments were made by taking bottle caps and other metal (open) charms, inserting an image or object, and then my teacher filled them with resin.

A guest instructor came and share various ways to use inks to color background paper. These papers were crumpled, straightened out, and then ink pads were swiped across them with the process repeated several times (crumpling and different color applied).

1 comment:

Jane's Domain said...

Really amazing stuff, Amy! Thanks for sharing.