Sunday, February 28, 2010

Book & Paper Arts Class Projects

French link stitch. It's hard to see the stitching because of the design on the ribbon I used. You can click on the photo for a much larger image with a better view of the stitch.



Abecedarium (ABC...Z book) - collaborative accordian pocket book by whole class. We each did 2 or 3 letters of the alphabet and made pages that fit into the pockets. I haven't made the book covers yet...still deciding on design.



I did 3 pages: K, R



and T (two-sided page with removable ticket). Rather fun to make since the pages are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" - the same as ATCs (artist trading cards).



Long stitch box book (use any box: cake, mac & cheese, playing cards, etc). I used an old Swedish playing cards box. I also did some over-stitching to make it look fancy.


The last group of photos are marbleized paper. I tried various colors and design styles. Unfortunately, I didn't put enough alum on my paper so some of the colors washed off and aren't as vibrant as the paints were. As example, the 2nd photo has some pink color - that was bright red before the rinse stage. Oh well.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely results of your learning experience. Great fun.