Friday, December 31, 2010

The latest Book Arts class projects

The recent book arts session ended before Christmas and I am finally posting photos now. I will be taking a break from the class for a bit but hope to visit or register again in the future.

We made a needle case which turned out quite well. I went to class without planning out the design or color combination - and yet it turned out perfect. The class has helped me loosen up in my arts and let it flow. I am slowing letting go of my planning /anal tendencies.
The spine is bookcloth and the covers are scrapbook paper that happened to match well. The closure is binding thread with beads wrapped around two buttons.

The cloth inside is an old blanket cut up. The end sheets are wallpaper samples.

A view of the spine and the case open. The back cover has a flat bead where the strings come out.

The last class day we did a folded altered book. Some people made angels or trees out of the design.

I used mine to hold all those photo Christmas cards I receive that won't stand up on their own.

No comments: