Monday, November 15, 2010

Zines and Books

I have ventured into the world of zines - mini zines at the moment. Zines are self-published magazines. They can vary in size and length. Mini zines are made from one piece of 8.5" x 11" piece of paper. I have done three zines so far with topics of Mail Art, Embossing Powders, and Quotes.
As seen in the photo below, the one piece of paper for a mini zine is folded and then cut in the middle. Pretty easy! Getting the text facing opposite directions is the challenge.
This is a shelf of my hand-made books. A couple missed out on the photo opportunity and you can a see a few without covers yet. Actually the tallest, thinnest book in the middle is a book I wrote and illustrated in 3rd grade and it was bound by my teacher (I went to the Young Author's conference in Indiana with it). I really love taking the Book Arts class offered through the local Parks & Rec Department!

No comments: